Yesterday, Facebook announced changes to the Facebook and Instagram APIs to improve user privacy and security. These changes impact how partners like MavSocial access data and affects all service providers across the industry.
In support of Facebook’s decision to protect user data, we are working closely with the Facebook team to resolve any functionalities impacted as we believe that it is in the best interest of our customers.
The following MavSocial functionality has been or will be affected by Facebook’s API changes:
- Adding new social profiles and refreshing existing profile tokens
- Engagement reports for Groups
- Sending and receiving private messages
- Branded Content and Crossposting
The following MavSocial functionality has been or will be affected by Instagram's API changes:
- User-generated content (UGC) search and usage permission requests
- Liking and commenting on posts
- Engagement reports for personal profiles
We will continue to partner with Facebook in restoring as much of this functionality as possible and provide updates as we receive them.