You can automatically compress the video size and bitrate while uploading videos in the digital library.
The compression is available for:
- video size above 100MB or a bitrate above 5Mbps, and/or an Audio bitrate more than 128Kbps,
- and a video duration of fewer than 60 secs,
So it is primarily designed for Instagram videos.
Available for Enterprise and Business subscriptions
How to enable automatic video compression feature?
- Navigate to Accounts -> Settings
- By default, it will open Advanced Settings.
- You can see an option to compress videos automatically.
- If 'On' it will automatically compress the video when uploading to the digital library any which has a size of above 100MB or bitrate above 5Mbps or Audio bitrate more than 128Kbps, and video duration should be less than 60 secs
- After uploading the video, the compressed video will be copied to the digital library and the original video.
- The automatic compression is available for videos uploaded to the digital library.
- The manual compression option is available for video in the digital library, with a file size greater than 100MB or bitrate above 5Mbps or Audio bitrate more than 128Kbps. The video duration should be less than 60 seconds.
How to compress videos manually?
- Navigate to the digital library
- Upload a video using the 'Upload' option
- Click the video; you can see the Asset Details.
- Here you can see an option called 'Instagram Video Compression.'
- If you want to compress the video, click the option; it might take a few minutes to compress.
- After compressing the video, you will see the updated message.
- Upon completion, the compressed video will be updated with the file name appended with the word 'compressed.'