Available to Free, Advanced, PRO, Business, and Enterprise users.
Videos can be uploaded to MavSocial and managed from the Digital Library, from which you can quickly and easily optimize video for publishing to social media and add them directly to your posts.
You can publish videos to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, and YouTube.
Uploading videos to the Digital Library
- Navigate to the Digital Library.
- Upload a new video by clicking the Upload button and uploading a video from your device, or from the web via URL.
- Add a title to your file, and optionally a description. You can add your own search tags in the Search Tags field to make your videos easier to find when searching.
- Once finished adding details, click Upload All and the image will be uploaded to your Digital Library.
Editing video metadata uploaded to the Digital Library
- Click on a video file in your Digital Library to view details.
- Click the edit button to edit the file information. You can change the title, description, and more.
- You can choose to select a category to which the video belongs, from the Choose Category drop down the list.
- Select the language of the video from the Choose Language to drop down the list.
- You can also edit Search Tags and Publishing Tags.
- Once finished making changes, click Update.
Adding a Custom Thumbnail to videos in the Digital Library
Custom thumbnails are available for Facebook and YouTube videos. You can also select thumbnails for Instagram videos as detailed in “Selecting Thumbnails for Instagram Videos”.
- Click a video file in the Digital Library.
- By clicking the Custom thumbnail button, you can upload your own thumbnail for the video file.
Thumbnails must be a maximum 8KB in file size for YouTube and 2MB for Facebook. The supported formats are PNG and JPG/JPEG.
- If you upload an invalid file format then an error message with "Please upload valid image" will display.
- If you upload a supported file format then the "Custom thumbnail file will be uploaded successfully" message will display.
- This custom thumbnail will be displayed in all 3 views: table view, grid view, and tile view as shown below.
- If you want to remove the Custom thumbnail then edit any video and click the delete icon on the Custom thumbnail.
- After clicking on the cross icon, a message with "Removed successfully" will display.
Closed Caption File
Closed Caption (CC) is used to cater to a larger audience who prefer to understand the spoken language in the video more clearly, or speak a different language or have a challenge in hearing abilities.
- Navigate to the Digital Library and click a video file.
- Select Closed Captions tab located below the video.
- Upload any Closed Caption file having *.sbv format only.
- After uploading the CC file you will receive a message "Caption file uploaded successfully".
- Click on the cross icon for removing the CC file.
- After clicking the cross icon a message with " Removed successfully" will display.
Publishing video with a Custom Thumbnail to YouTube from the Post Manager
- Navigate to the Post Manager and select the YouTube network and select any video with a Custom Thumbnail.
- After creating your post, click the Publish button and you will be notified with a message “YouTube: Post has been initiated for Publishing. You will be notified once publishing is done.“
- You will now be able to view the published video along with any added Closed Captions and the Custom Thumbnail on YouTube.com.