To manage videos, follow the steps given below,
Navigate to Digital Library > Video.
- You can upload a new video file. To do so, click Uploader.
- To view and edit the details of the video, click on that video.
- Video details page will display
- Click Edit Video Details.
The selected video details will be displayed in edit mode.
- Edit the name of the video.
- Edit the description and Video note of the video.
- Select the category to which the video belongs to, from the Choose Category drop down the list.
- Select the language of the video from the Choose Language to drop down the list.
- Edit for Search Tags and Publishing Tags.
- Click Update.
Custom Thumbnail lets you see a quick snapshot of the video.
To manage Custom Thumbnail, follow the steps below:
Navigate to Digital Library > Video
- To view and edit the details of the video, click on that video
- Here you can upload the Custom Thumbnail by clicking on Choose Files where maximum file size allowed by YouTube is 2MB and supported formats are PNG and JPEG
- If you upload invalid file format then error message with "Please upload valid image" will display.
- If you upload supported file format then "Custom thumbnail file will be uploaded successfully" message will display.
- This Custom thumbnail will be displayed in all 3 views: table view, grid view and tile view as shown below.
- If you want to remove Custom thumbnail then edit any video and click to delete icon from Custom thumbnail
- After clicking on cross icon, message with "Removed successfully" will display
Closed Caption File
Closed Caption (CC) is used to cater to a larger audience who prefer to understand the spoken language in the video more clearly, or speak a different language or have a challenge in hearing abilities.
- Navigate to Digital Library > Video
- Select CC File tab located below the video
- Upload any Closed Caption file having *.sbv format only
- You can know more about closed caption by clicking on Learn more
- After uploading CC file you will receive a message "Caption file uploaded successfully"
- Click on the cross icon for removing CC file
- After clicking the cross icon a message with " Removed successfully" will display
Publishing Custom Thumbnail video to YouTube from Post Manager
Navigate to Post Manager and select YouTube network and select any video having Custom Thumbnail and Closed Caption file
Click on Publish button and you will be notified with a message “ YouTube: Post has been initiated for Publishing. You will be notified once publishing is done.“
You can view the published video along with Closed Caption and Custom Thumbnail on YouTube.com