Bulk Uploader functionality for Facebook, Twitter & Instagram is helpful in scheduling all your posts in bulk and saves you time.
Bulk Uploader is available for Advanced, PRO, Business and Enterprise users.
Schedule up to 100 posts at a time to your Facebook profiles, 250 tweets to Twitter & 100 posts to Instagram by uploading an Excel file (.xlsx, .xls) with post details via the Bulk Uploader.
Note: For posts that includes an image URL, please upload no more than 30 posts in the spreadsheet.
- Getting Started
To upload messages in bulk to MavSocial, first enter your posts into a .xlsx file. A template is available which you can download from the Bulk Uploader page.
|Formatting Rules- There are six columns that you can use to set up your messages|
Date and time- Choose the same format as selected from the dropdown menu on the left hand side. This can be either mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm or dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm.
The timezone is based on your default time zone.
Be sure to use the same date format for each of your Posts.
Times must be set at least 1 hour in advance from when you upload the spreadsheet.
Time should be in 24hr format. Example: 16:30
For Facebook there is a limit of 63,206 characters.
For Twitter, there is a limit of 280 characters.
For Instagram, there is a limit of 2200 characters.
A user can include multiple URL(s) by separating them with a comma
Facebook: image size should be no larger than 5MB.
Twitter: image size should be no larger than 3MB
Instagram: image size should be no larger than 5MB. Instagram square picture recommended: 1080px x 1080px but you should upload the image at the max resolution 2048px x 2048px. It is also possible to use a smaller size such as 600px x 400px.
Unique Image ID number from the Digital Library
Unique Video ID number from the Digital Library
Facebook: Video file should be no larger than 1Gb.
Twitter: Video file duration should be between 0.5 and 30 seconds, file size should be no larger than 15MB, file dimensions should be between 32*32 and 1280*1024, file aspect ratio should be between 1:3 and 3:1
Instagram: Video file should be no larger than 50MB. The duration should be between 3 and 60 seconds.
A post can have either an Image URL, Image ID or Video ID.
- Upload your messages
- Select either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram from ‘Select Network’ dropdown
- Select a campaign from ’Select Campaign’ drop down.
- Select profiles from ‘Select Account’ drop down.
- Select your Date & Time format
- Click Add File to upload the .xlsx file
- By checking Upload all images to Digital Library, the images that you have specified in Column D will be saved library after publishing
- By checking ‘Do not shorten link’, it will publish/schedule the full URL
- Click the 'Upload & Continue' button to go to the second step
Average upload time:
Facebook : 8 mins (100 rows with live URL'S, image ID's and video ID's)
Twitter : 18 mins (250 rows with live URL'S, image ID's and video ID's)
Instagram : 8 mins (100 rows with live URL'S, image ID's and video ID's)
- Fix any errors
If the Bulk Uploader detects any errors in your uploaded messages, you’ll spot them easily—there will be a red error message box explaining the issue. A message cannot be scheduled until the issue is fixed. This could be a formatting error, a duplicate message, or too many characters.
- Edit and customize your messages
In Bulk Uploader you can review and edit from second step (Process) and update the details before scheduling again.
- Fix errors: You can edit and update the errors by clicking on the post from second step of Bulk Uploader
- Customize the image and link: You can add link and upload images from uploader by editing the posts
- Change the scheduled time: Click the scheduled time at the bottom of the post to edit the time you want your message to be published.
Click 'Publish/Schedule Selected' button in right corner to schedule an individual or group of messages, or click 'Publish/Schedule All' button to upload all of your messages.
- Do not delete the headers in Row 1
- For Facebook, there must be a 30 minutes gap in publishing between posts. (Facebook API restricts continuous publishing of posts for a shorter duration)
- If the scheduled time is not given in the template for Facebook then posts will be published with a 30 minutes interval.
- Maximum number of Instagram hashtags that can be added is 30 per single post.
- Instagram does not support GIF images.
- Instagram does not support URL posts.
- Multi image posts for Instagram can't be published directly from MavSocial. The posts will be in either the "Saved" or "Scheduled" tab of MavSocial.
- If you are uploading posts to a MavRepeater campaign, leave the date & time (Column A) blank