Add tags to describe the interests of people who are most likely to enjoy your post.
Preferred Audience uses interest tags to help prioritize Page posts in News Feed for each unique reader based on the topics that are most likely to engage them.
You can add a maximum of 16 Interests.
How to add Facebook Targeting to your posts
- Navigate to the Post Manager, click the Facebook tab, and begin composing your Facebook post.
- When finished with adding the post’s content, click Advanced Options.
- In the popped-up sidebar on the right, click the News Feed Targeting For Pages dropdown.
- In the dropdown, describe the audience you think will most likely enjoy your post, by entering up to 16 interests, the age, languages, etc.
- Once you’ve finished describing your preferred audience, press Update in the bottom-right corner and the Facebook Targeting parameters will be applied to your Facebook post.